Lettuce is one of the famous vegetables, and it has been known since ancient times as a refreshing vegetable. It can be eaten cooked and raw and make lettuce juice because it contains a very large percentage of water, and today lettuce has become one of the most common leafy vegetables and the primary ingredient of many salads. The colors of lettuce leaves vary between red, green and purple. Laxative and has many very new health benefits, but there are cases in which it is not necessary to eat a lot of lettuce and in certain cases it is necessary to refrain from eating lettuce once and for all and these cases will be presented in the article.
What are the types of lettuce
There are six different types of lettuce, which are “petrified”, Chinese lettuce, “iceberg”, “leafless”, “Roman” or “Egyptian” and “Patafian”, and all of these types are used in preparing salad dishes.
It contains Vitamin A, B1, C and E.
• Fatty oils.
• Water .
• Lettuce is rich in calcium, phosphorous, iron, potassium, folic acid, and fiber.
• It is a low calorie benefit for people on a diet.
Antioxidants such as beta-carotene, vitamins A, C and E, vitamin K, folate, as well as many B vitamins.
- It has an analgesic, sedative, hypnotic, and depressant effect, because it contains a substance called “leukocariam” that urges a person to sleep, and the effect of lettuce is similar to the effect of an opiate anesthetic except that lettuce does not induce the excitement processes that accompany taking drugs.
- It is used in the treatment of dropsy (water retention), and it generates urine, so it helps remove stones and salts from the kidneys and treats people with gout.
- Lettuce has an antipyretic effect, and increases sweat secretion.
- It removes intestinal colic, and calms bowel disorder.
- It helps start sleep in cases of insomnia, especially with onions.
- Eliminates coughing and bronchospasm.
- Lettuce is a thirst remover, and is useful in cases of summer heat, and sunstroke
- Lettuce is an anti-allergic and histamine substance that relieves itching, hives (urticaria), allergic rhinitis.
9- It treats Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Helps epilepsy patients.
- Hair tonic and tonic, and also beneficial to its health.
- The green leaves are rich in iron and chlorophyll, and that is why it treats anemia, and chlorophyll eliminates bad breath, bad breath and sweat.
- The inner layer; whose leaves are yellow and green are useful for treating palpitations and enlarged heart, and for heart muscle diseases.
- A lover of milk.
- An aperitif, and laxative for nature.
- Tonic for the liver and prevents jaundice.
- Lettuce is rich in mineral salts, especially alkaline ones, which in turn helps reduce acidity from fatty and acidic foods, and it also helps to purify the blood.
- A very useful in treating several types of sexual problems, as studies have shown that eating lettuce regularly helps to improve the fertility rate, and it works to increase the number of sperm, improve the erection process and treat the problem of premature ejaculation in men, as it helps to reduce the severity of desire Nationality, so it can be used to treat night dreams.
- Good for treating corneal ulcers and eye infections, especially trachoma, and it strengthens the eyesight due to the presence of vitamin A in it.
20- It can be useful in lowering cholesterol levels in the blood.
21-Lettuce is rich in anti-oxidants, especially beta-carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E. These substances help cleanse the body of toxins, prevent damage caused by free radicals, prevent premature aging and reduce the risk of chronic diseases and cancer.
22-There is evidence that lettuce has a protective effect on bone health, because it contains a large percentage of vitamin K and is required in order to strengthen the bone tissue. Lettuce is called a bone protein because it is a good source of calcium and phosphorous and these are among the most important elements that play an important and essential role In health and bone building.
23- Helps reduce stress because it contains an important amount of potassium.