The ketogenic diet is a diet with very low carbohydrate which is similar to the Atkins and other low-carb diets. It decreases carbohydrate intake and substitutes it with fat. After this reduction, your body goes into ketosis. The ketosis is a metabolic state. This state makes your body efficient and energetic. In the liver, it also changes fats into ketones. So this energy is very helpful for the brain!
What to eat on a ketogenic diet?
Here is the list of the healthy foods that fall in this diet type:
- Meat: Red meat, sausage, chicken, steak, bacon, ham, and turkey.
- Nuts and seeds: Walnuts, Almonds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds.
- Eggs: You can utilize pastured or omega-3 whole eggs.
- Butter and cream: Try to utilize grass-fed if possible.
- Fatty fish: It includes trout, salmon, mackerel, and tuna.
- Cheese: Unprocessed cheese is the best option such as cream, cheddar or mozzarella.
- Condiments: Salt, other healthy herbs and pepper can be used.
- Low-carb veggies: It is important to use low-carb veggies such as tomatoes, onions, peppers, and green veggies.
- Healthy oils: Healthy oil is a great source of the ketogenic diet. Such as extra virgin olive oil, avocado, and coconut oil.
- Avocados: You can use avocados or fresh guacamole.
Health Benefits of Ketogenic diet
Keto diet has a lot of benefits for numerous types of vital health conditions. Here are a few most popular and severe diseases that you can control using the keto diet easily:
- Heart disease: This diet reduces the severe risk factors of heart diseases. Such as HDL cholesterol levels, blood sugar, blood pressure, and fatness.
- Cancer: It is another vital disease that is spreading dramatically. Fortunately, this diet is capable to control the different types of cancers and slow tumor growth.
- Epilepsy: Different studies show that the keto diet can massively reduce the seizures in epileptic children.
- Parkinson’s diseases: Many researchers believe that the keto diet is extremely helpful for the improvement of Parkinson’s disease.
- Brain injuries: This diet is very helpful that reduces concussions and recover the brain injury extremely fast.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: It also reduces the insulin level which further plays a crucial role in polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Acne: As we have already mentioned that it can decrease the insulin level so eating less processed or sugary foods can help you to improve acne.
- Weight loss: Fatness is the cause of major diseases. A ketogenic diet is an effective method to lose weight which incredibly lower the risk factors for different disease. So this diet is an incredible recommendation as a low-fat diet. Numerous reasons prove ketogenic diet superiority over a low-fat diet. For example, it includes protein that contains many benefits.
- Reduction in diabetes and pre-diabetes: Diabetes is considered a change in metabolism, impaired insulin function, and high blood sugar. The ketogenic diet is extremely helpful in losing excessive fatness, which is closely related to metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, and type-2 diabetes.
The Keto Diet is really useful for healthy people. Further, it prevents you from a lot of severe diseases. As you have studied, it prevents you from cancer, epilepsy, and brain injuries. Further, it is very helpful for weight loss. Regular use of the Keto diet makes you healthy and strong.